Tuesday 19 June 2012

Tag Tuesday - Green


Green is my favourite colour and I was racking my brains what to do (this opens the design doors so wide it is quite difficult to pick a topic)  I started to think about doing something sea orientated and mermaid just popped (swam) into my head and everything when sparkly from then on.  I now have mermaid scales on my fingers (ok then, stickles!)

My tag is sprayed liberally with Dylusions ink sprays Lime, Sky Blue Pearl and Vanilla Custard.  My kitchen towel that I used to catch overspray looks just as stunning as my tag (saving that!).  I added seaweed to the bottom of the tag by scribbling on Turquoise, Green and Lime Green Stickles.  No great skill required so far!

I printed out a mermaid image as a base to decorate and then set to with a hole punch.  I punched out pretty scales from glitter and shimmery card in shades of green and turquoise.  I really enjoyed layering up the scales on the tail and adding more stickles and gems to make my mermaid shimmer.


Here is a close up of the scales and seaweed.  I can almost hear the ocean in the distance.


A fitting quote from the most famous little mermaid of all was added next and some seaweed style fibres with stickles liberally applied were tied to the top of the tag.  I wanted to add shells but they just didn't fit in with this fantasy image of life under the sea so I opted for these copper star embellishments that were hiding in my stash and I think that they look a bit like ethereal jelly fish or maybe fabulous squid floating by.  I have loved getting all glittery and girly for this green themed tag.  


I can't wait to see what green inspired tags are created by the fabulous Tag Tuesday crew.  Why not follow this link and take a look.

Thanks for popping by and thank you to everyone that left such lovely comments last week.

6 comments:

  1. Stunning Tag.. love the mermaid, the green bling is simply brillant.. Fabulous textures & background.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible, I absolutely love all the detail you put into the mermaid and your Dylusions spay looks fabulous - really beautiful work! Lorna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW!!! Amazing color, shine, texture, and design!!! An absolute gem of a tag...fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous20:35

    This is a cracking bright textured tag, love the seaweed and the mermaids tail. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this on Tag Tuesday, loved the colors and all the details, it' fantastic! working on mine now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...