Wednesday 3 October 2012

WOYWW 174

I can't believe it is Wednesday again already - well actually yes I suppose I can.  This week I can actually account for why the time has seemed to whizz by in an instant.  I took a massive step towards my goal of setting up an online crafting business.  Which incase you haven't guessed from reading my blog is very much about designing and tutorials.  I posted my first online tutorial - not my first video as you all saw that here first on WOYWW!

So on my desks this week are the remnants of the chaos that ensued as I embark on putting my first tutorial and pattern combo together.


What a lot of mess!  Gotta love that Basic Grey Christmas Paper though!  I am using it for the photo tutorial part of my project.  I still have a couple of samples to make so I think I will be tidying up a bit first!  I have just noticed all the sweetie wrappers in my bin - my son was the culprit not me - he was revising in here this week - he just about managed to find a spot!  He is very  much looking forward to his cast coming off tomorrow.  Unfortunately he has an Art exam today!


Photo tutorial almost finished - well the photo part anyway - the words are still to be written!  I think you can see what I have chosen to work on as my first template and pattern combo with video tutorial.  I have filmed it already so only have the editing to go.  I promise that all the mess you see before you was not included in any of the photos I took!  I have created the illusion I am very organised ha ha - so you all know the whole truth!

I also waived bye bye to my eldest yesterday as he headed back to Gibraltar to live so I am a bit sad today so it is just as well I have a busy day ahead to keep me from thinking of him too much.  Oh and a good dose of desk hopping too I hope.

If you want to join in then follow this link to Julia's desk and discover a whole new crafting experience.

23 comments:

  1. Love it a well used desk, looking good. Francesca #54

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel your sadness at waving your son off but think of the lovely holiday you can have when you go to see him. Focusing on something like that might help?
    Hope all goes well with other son when the pot is off and with his Art exam today.
    Good luck with the new venture, am sure it will be a roaring success with your talent.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Neet 31 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, we must go and look at your tutorial. Well done.

    The bears @#75

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad I found your blog from WOYWW. The paper, is that from this year or another? It is so pretty. Your area looks loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your 'you tubing' and thank you (in advance) for your tutorials :) Hugs Sally #125

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen hope you are not too sad, you'll have to have a trip to Gib to see him soon. Loving those papers too I think I have a supply of them around here somewhere too.
    Have a good Wednesday and thanks for popping by, hugs Erika. #68

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, have a *hug*, it's difficult when the kiddos have been home then go off again.
    Your desk is inCREDibly busy! The papers are gorgeous and I can't wait to see your finished tute :0) X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there I know how hard it can be to wave our sons off to somewhere else in the world. My eldest never came home to live after going to Leeds to uni and though not too far away in Holmfirth - a two and a half hour journey he has also travelled to Australia, South America and Solomon Islands and was away quite a while so can feel for you. A lovely exciting desk. Love that paper and your projects. Will be back to have a look at tutorial. Tahanks for visiting me. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! Good luck with it all. I shall watch the video in the morning but I think you are brave. I would have no idea how to do it! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helen

    I love the look of your desk, it would make me dive right in to start creating! The NASA sticker is ace ♥

    You asked on my blog about the cobweb diecut - it's a Memory Box die. Hope you manage to find one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool and good luck achieving your dream!!!
    Angie #91

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! I love the shot of thte tripod legs, very familiar:) I'm off to check out your video! Have fun! Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Helen, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a wonderful comment. I am still busy crafting and getting ready to start on my Christmas cards. Only 3 more weeks until the big day. I will be coming back to watch your video again. I am getting a video camera for Christmas and look forward to learning how to make videos and load them up to my blog and Youtube. So, I will watch you as a learning experience (smile). #83

    ReplyDelete
  14. great looking desk. Love the card and box! Have a great week. Vickie #22

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Helen, I can't wait to see the video and tutorial!!!

    So sad to hear about your son going back home. Mine lives on the other side of the country, about 2000 miles away, and I miss him so much after his visits :(

    Amy E. #25
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun, Helen! And great projects. I love that BG paper, too. I have been hoarding all of their Christmas lines.
    And I have to laugh because I am always finding candy wrappers from my daughter all over the house. She has a sweet tooth (she is five) and will tell people she has at least six sweet teeth in her mouth :)
    Mary Jo #93

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your busy desk!
    I'm glad having both my daughters not so far from here!
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Tuire #80

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I forgot, you asked about the art journal course... I'm running it :)
    Hugs
    Tuire

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh that BG paper is lush and your Christmas projects look good, too. Loving you busy desk! Sorry to be visiting so late.
    Sue x (MiniOwner #147)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy Moly, girl, you have one load of mess there to tidy up. I should say that will certainly help from missing DS too terribly. Your projects look stunning and well done and worth all the mess required! Hang in there and have a wonderful week! Darnell #145

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know exactly how you feel - sometime you curse 'em, when they're living at home, getting under your feet and eating everything...but you don't half miss them when they've left... Sending hugs!!
    And that Basic grey paper is beeyootiful, yum yum!
    LLJ #1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sure I have said before but the mini sewing machine is so CUTE - BJ#6

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous14:38

    Exciting and changing times Helen, hope your one son has his cast off now and that the other has arrived safely in Gibraltar and is settling in. Love all the mess, I had a good nose around, great Christmas paper too. Unfortunately that class I wanted to take got cancelled, obviously this are isn't ready to make Christmas cards yet! Still, I came across a good and simple sketch online and made a card I like, so all is well!

    Hugs
    Brenda 84 (Hoping around late this week!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...