Monday 26 May 2014

Ribbon Stitching Card Tutorial

Hi Everyone.  Just thought I would post this as I am busy editing my 12 Tags of 2014 May video.  The weather is typical for the Bank Holiday weekend here in the East Midlands!  Where did the sunshine go?  Yesterday was rainy and today is grey!  Oh well never mind extra time to craft ;-)

This card is one I taught to my class this month and I thought it was versatile enough that if you like the design you can adapt it to the colours of card and ribbon you have in your stash.


I give you lots of tips about colour schemes that you could think about if you want to make this card over on the video tutorial.  The other fun element of this card is the ribbon stitching.  I show you how to achieve this using a We Are Memory Keepers ribbon tool.  You could also use a ribbon punch if you have one of those and I also show you how to create the same effect with a craft knife, pencil and ruler!  So it is a fun tutorial if you like the card or if you just want to create a stitched ribbon strip or border for any of your craft projects!

Cutting Guide:

Black Card Base - 11 1/2" x 8" scored at 5 3/4"
Pink Card - 7 3/4" x 5 5/8"
White Card - 7 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Black Card Strip - 2 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White Card Strip - 2" x 5 1/2"
Black Greeting card - 2 1/4" square
White Greeting card - 2 " square

Here is the video tutorial which I really hope you find useful.  I would like to say a great big thank you to everyone that subscribed on my You Tube Channel and I did hit that magic 1000 by my birthday!!!  I really appreciate your support and it spurs me on to make and share more videos.



I am thinking of posting a couple of blog entries about the process of creating videos incase you are thinking of giving it a go……what do you think?  I was also thinking of creating an online workshop for complete beginners.  It would be a workshop I charge for but as you know I keep my prices very reasonable.  I wanted to do something that explains the very basics to get someone started on our wonderful pastime.  I would be interested to hear what you think a course like this should contain.  All feedback gratefully received.

Oooo the sun is peeking through the clouds!  One final thing here is Comet in our garden thinking…….Is that really all for me?????


…….Can I have it?  Can I?????


Yippee!  It is all mine.  Yipee!


Yum Yum Yum………mmmmmm (One happy doggy!)


We bought a French loaf and didn't get a chance to use it before it went hard!  Comet loves this hard bread as you can see.  We didn't let him eat the whole thing in one sitting (cruel I know)  He looks like he is giving it a bit of a nuzzle and cuddle here in this photo!

I hope you enjoy the photos and the tutorial and that you had a fun weekend.  Thank you for popping by x

3 comments:

  1. Handsome Comet! I must try my goldies with a baguette!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Helen, I remember seeing it on FB, it was really nice to see what your class made.
    I will watch this asap as I know who I can make one for ;) Comet looks like he's enjoying that bread, haha.
    A beginners video would be great I think, including the differences in some of the designer papers, like core-dinations and double sided, and cardstock, and how to co-ordinate papers (I'm rubbish at that) and does it really matter whether one uses a 99p embossing powder compared to one that costs £4? Layering papers and flourishes etc, (another thing I'm rubbish at). How to balance a card, both physically (too much on the front) and with the embellishments added in the correct proportions.
    Hope that's ok, lol **hugs** :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, but Comet steals the show, my dog used to love getting the bread stick too, he is now wheat intolerant, yep a dog with allergies. Looks like the hole for the pond is coming along and you have yet another beautiful day.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...