Wednesday 5 February 2014

Scrap That!

Hi everyone,  Today I thought I would share an idea for pretty scraps.  I started out with a couple of lovely papers from My Minds Eye - The Sweetest Thing by Jen Allyson which of course I made a 12" x 12" layout with a couple of weeks ago:


As you can see it is now waiting for a Photograph and a title with an embellishment or two to complete it.


I still wanted to make the most of these pretty papers so I decided to make a complimentary Project Life style page - definitely a great way to use up scraps.  Plenty of room for more photos and journalling.  I am thinking that Black and White Photos will look great against these papers.


As I was tidying up I came across these pages from a couple of weeks ago and I decided to make the most of the small scraps of paper and the embellishments I had left and set too making a card this afternoon.


I thought I might make a patchwork as a background for my card as all my scraps were quite small.


Then I needed a focal point for the card so I pieced together some scraps and use my score board to make a rosette.  Sorry about the slightly mucky score board!


I had these embellishments to play with so…….


One rosette with a cute bumble bee brad was the end result!


I mounted the panel onto a sunny yellow card - Bee Happy!


A little bit of stamping and some more patchworking of the ever decreasing pieces of scrap paper and the finished inside of the card makes this one I will be able to use for lots of occasions.


I hope this gives you some ideas for your smaller scraps of patterned papers.  I am just wondering looking at these photographs wether to do some faux stitching to complement the patchwork effect……..

So what is left? - not much paper but I am going to keep it until I put photos on those layouts…. Just in case!


I have a feeling that there will be a few brads and stickers left over but I know they will come in handy for other projects in the future - feeling very thrifty right now!

Thank you for popping by X

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulously fun & sunny card. A great idea for the scraps, thank you Helen :D
    btw - I've nearly finished my 'Tim' tag, eek :O xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to seeing your Tag Mo! I really hope you are having fun with it. I will post mine tomorrow - just came in to check if the video had uploaded but I am at 97% so I am off to bed. Hugs Helen x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...