Saturday 25 February 2012

Steep Learning Curve

Today I spent time looking at UTube and learnt how to publish videos!  There are some very strange things to watch......and one strange thing seems to lead to an even stranger thing!  It is very addictive.

I also had a quick peek at FaceBook but I think I will let my sons teach me the intricacies and etiquette of that new world.

One common thread that the business seminars that I went to at the trade show came back to time and time again was the power of social media for the small business.  So my next gathering of information will be about Twitter (sounds cute!)

It is funny how life sometimes seems to know exactly what you need and sends you a gift.  I volunteered to help with the publicity of a sponsored virtual round the world cycle ride for Erewash Valley Gymnastics Club recently and as a result have gained invaluable information for the setting up of my business.  I must remember to post a link to the clubs Facebook page when it is ready.

I will be teaching some card classes soon so today I got on with designing some cards in preparation.  We will be having a play with distress inks and blending brushes so I have designed 3 cards that are a variation on a theme.  Hope you like them.

Using Wild Honey, Peeled Paint and Broken China Distress inks to create  a Wild Flower Meadow
A kaleidoscope of butterflies
Spatter water on the inky background for an interesting effect
I am going to sign off now as I need to design 3 more cards.  I think I may try using the stamps to create a watercolour effect and I want to make tags so 3 designs combining both is my plan.......

See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...