Monday 11 April 2016

Upcycling with Graphic 45

Good Morning Everyone

Just popping in to tell you about my latest tutorial.  This is an oldie but a goodie so it is about recycling which is Graphic 45s challenge this month and I am also recycling an idea I posted about way back in 2012 when I had no clue about YouTube or that I was heading that way!

Way back then I shared a post that was all about turing old video cases into mini albums or stamp storage!  It was a photo tutorial so I am also upcycling that to a YouTube tutorial.  Three up cycles for the price of one!!!!


In the tutorial I will show you how to turn your old video cases into mini albums (or stamp storage) and storage boxes.  As you can see from the sides of my boxes I stuck to a theme in the way I decorated them and they now look fabulous as well as being really useful sitting on my shelves.


As you know I am through to the second round of the Graphic 45 Design Team Audition 2016 and I am up to my eyes in my projects!  I say projects because I can make up my mind which one to pick to submit as my final tutorial.  I love my first one but I think I am in love with my second one too.  I am hoping to finish it off tomorrow and then try to make a decision.  They are very different in style which is what I love about Graphic 45.  There are so many combinations of papers you can choose and each one will lead you to a different creative result!


As you can see here you can really ring the changes and reflect the contents of each of your little storage boxes and because I have stuck to the same layout for my decoration they still look like a set.


In this photo you can see two of the sets of papers I am using in the two projects I have on the go at the moment!

The top box with the mermaid on (from the Voyage Beneath the Sea Collection is the one that contains the mini album which you will see me create in the video tutorial.  All the rest are storage boxes and you will see how easily this is done too.


Hope you enjoy the tutorial and get busy with some recycling of your own!  Now where did you put all those old videos?!……..

If you want to see the original post and go back and see some of the old Graphic 45 paper collections here is the link.  Hold on for a bit of time travel!!!!

Thank you for popping by X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...