Wednesday 30 January 2013

Trash to Treasure - Card Tutorial

Graphic 45 and Acetate Packing makes a fab shaker card!
As promised yesterday here is how to turn your acetate blister packaging (and I know you have some!!) into great shaker cards!


I started with a square card base and I measured my packaging and cut and aperture in my card so the packaging could pop in.  This acetate blister pack was one that is attached to a piece of card so it comes ready made with a lip to attach it to the inside of the card.  All I had to do was go around the edge with a black permanent marker as it was previously attached to a white card and a little of that showed when the packaging was inserted into the aperture.


 Next up I rummaged through my Graphic 45 scraps - perfect for cards - and came up with this arrangement.

On the bottom of the card front I secured the tartan paper over the aperture with DST.   Make sure you put DS tape around the aperture to hold the paper in place.


Then turn the card over and cut out the aperture once more - easy peasy!


I then attached the rest of the papers to the card front and added the word 'MANY' which was cut using my Cricut Opposites Attract cartridges.


Next I attached the acetate packaging in place with DST and then made lots of little card strips with the word 'Thanks' in various languages and fonts that I hand wrote on them.


Then I added some tiny glass beads to the shaker and attached another piece of black card over what is the inside of the card.  Make sure you tape around all the edges of the card piece and the aperture or your shaker bits will fall out!!!  Also remember to cut the backing card a tiny bit smaller than the card base so it doesn't show from the front of the card and doesn't interfere with the fold line.


....And finally.......Like the plaque I made on my 2nd Trash to Treasure post I made a daisy from a piece of red tartan and embossed acetate which were die cut with my Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die which were shaped and then had a yummy black dazzler (Creative Expressions) attached to the centre.  The whole flower was attached to the card front to finish of this alternative shaker card!  If you like this card and you follow this link to the Trash to Treasure post and leave me a comment there you could win it in next weeks draw.

Thank you for popping by x

2 comments:

  1. FABulous Helen! Thanks for the instructions :0) Mo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...