Saturday 19 January 2013

Tidy Up Time!

I am not the worlds biggest fan of housework but for some reason when I have to tidy my craft room - you know.....when I am down to my last postage stamp of creative space!.....I don't seem to mind it at all.  I think it is because it is great to rummage through all my lovely stash as I tidy it away.  I quite often am reminded of things that I think I would like to use again but I also find the projects I have put on the back burner and this time I found this.


I bought it a while ago from the Range (a store that sells everything for the home....and craft stuff too!). It is a pretty wire heart with clips to tuck photos or memorabilia into.  So to take a break from the cleaning and tidying I set to and used it to display photos of my families trip to New York.  We went in 2009-2010 so it was about time!!

I sense a theme here as I found some gorgeous Bo Bunny Liberty Papers and embellishments I bought from my friend Jackie over at Craft Island.  I have had them quite a while too ;-)  So they have had their admiring and stroking time and finally I have used them to do this.


I am feeling very virtuous right now as my finished project is even hanging on the wall.  Sorry the photos aren't perfect but the light today is a bit dull.  I think the skies are heavy with snow again.

I really enjoyed putting this together and it turned out to be a great way to document a holiday.


I made little displays to put into the photo clips so it didn't use much paper but it was a lovely way to make the most of embellishments like this journaling shape which I added a sparkly brad to and a sticker to go with my photo and journalling.  There is also a fancy brad which I added to the heart using my hot glue gun.


I made my own flowers to make extra embellishments.  Layering up flowers is a great way to bring a colour scheme together.  The large flower is made from two white flowers (thank you Barbara), a denim flower I die cut using Tattered Florals.  Then I made a ribbon rosette with some pretty gingham ribbon and used a Bo Bunny brad to tie the whole thing together.  Easy Peasy but so cute.


I tied on coordinating ribbon bows too.  If you wanted to ring the changes you could chose to adhere the flowers and embellishments to the hearts with sticky dots but I think I will keep this as a permanent and I hope you agree pretty reminder of a wonderful family holiday.......I wonder if The Range still have these in stock?????

I hope that everyone that is in the UK is enjoying the snow and of course anyone else that has snow right now.  I love going out in it and I love sitting cozy indoors crafting or watching movies so it is win win for me!  Hubby is going to take me out for lunch so I will finish my post now and see you later.

PS  I still haven't finished tidying!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ach, tidying shmidying!! Keep to rummaging and see what other treasures you unearth, lol! :D That heart is wonderful. I've never heard of Ranger stores. I guess it's just in certain areas of the UK. Hope you had a yummy lunch :0) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in between Notts and Derby if that helps with the whereabouts of a Range store. I am pretty sure you could get the heart from similar places that sell home decor items. There is a cute gift shop where I live with a lovely coffee and cake room all shabby chic with mismatched antique china. It is a treat to sit for a while and eat lunch in lovely surroundings.

      Just had a thought about the range and it does have a website.

      I didn't get back to the tidying ;-) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...