Saturday 27 April 2013

Homage to My Distress Inks

Hope everyone is having a fun weekend.  For the past couple of days I have been working on a project inspired by the challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog.  The theme this week is colour and I was worried for a while there I was going to miss the posting deadline!

Colour made me immediately think of my Distress Inks as they are my go to item when I want to add colour to a project.  I can paint with them, stamp with them, make inky gorgeous backgrounds with them,  dye ribbon with them and do this with them!


I had a wonderful inky time putting this together.  As you can see I was quite a while making all these teen tiny paper bows.  I learnt how to make them last week and now I think I am a bit bowed out!!


I loved the dimension of this piece and I think that the liberal use of cream highlights the Distress ink colour pallet.  It makes a great reference point when I want to create Distress Ink colour combinations too.


If you want to try something like this I made a video of how I put it together.  I like making these videos as it shows the design process and how fluid it is.  You may start out with a firm idea in your head but the practicalities of creating that vision may take you in a completely different direction.


There is also a video on my You Tube Channel to show you how to make the origami paper bows.  I would suggest starting with a larger bow first though!!


This project reminded me of another piece I made inspired by my treasured Distress Inks.  Another celebration of the gorgeous rainbow of colour at your fingertips.  This piece has hung in my open plan Kitchen Diner next to the Conservatory window and there is no hint of any fade at all......Might be a bit of dust though!



A big thank you to everyone over at Simon Says Stamp and Show for the inspiration.  I do love a challenge.  Be sure to pop over and check out all the colour inspired pieces.

Wishing you all a colourful weekend.....I am hoping for sun to get out in the garden as it needs a bit of a tidy before nature gets to spreading its beautiful colours all around.

Thank you for popping by X

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:06

    I kept looking and looking at your background 'plaque' trying to fathom how you could possibly find such a perfect piece of plaster work for your bow display. DUH! Oh so clever designing! I just had a quick romp thru your blog and I love the Zentangle Tags too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha - I know I couldn't rely on my eye to line the bows up all neatly ;-) Glad you like the tangle tags. We started the alphabet at the beginning of the year and next week is 'Q' - where does the time go. Have a great week x

      Delete
  2. Wow...Helen, your projects are amazing! Love the beautiful colors and your fabulous tutorials. Thank you for sharing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a totally BOWtiful piece of art Helen!! (hehehe)
    Hope your weekend is going well and the sun shines enough for you to enjoy some gardening :0) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project thanks for posting the link x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen I am speechless, this piece is simply beautiful. Good luck in the challenge. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen: My husband and I watched your amazing video together. We loved it! Your piece is a work of art! The cream color is just so perfect as the bows just stand out so amazing. You have such attention to detail and so a lot of patience. Those bows are precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, talk about impact. It's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous creation of colourful bows! Very lovely and effective! Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Helen
    wow your bow canvas is amazing it must have taken you so long to make, thank you for the video that was amazing work on it's own. The bow canvas is so stricking with all that colour and dimention love it
    Ria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...