Monday 24 June 2013

12 Tags of 2013 - June and a Catch up tag for March (not May!)


Good morning on a cold grey day here in Derbyshire.  Who is hogging all the sun again that is what I want to know!?  I have my fleecy on and my fluffy socks.  I have been working on my tags for Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 and here is June's.  I was a little 'Distressed' when I saw Tim's tag this month as I don't have any Distress Markers...........poor little old stash deprived me...... tee hee!  I know you are all feeling sorry for me right now ;-)  But isn't that just what makes this challenge fun.  If you haven't got it then improvise and that is what makes a tag your own.  I used my Ripe Persimmon and Shaded Lilac Distress paints to do my colouring in with a touch of Shabby Shutters. The colours remind me of squished berries and that is great for a tag celebrating the month of June.


Tim showed us how he adds colour to his stamped images and I had a go at the delicate splattering and washing of colour to form a frame around an image as you can see here in the close up.

If you are following me you will know I am making videos of how I get from Tim's inspiration to my interpretation so here is the video for my June tag.


I am still playing catch up with my tags so I am also posting my March tag today.....Yes contrary to the pictures it is definitely my March tag!  I don't know what happened but when I labelled it up I went with May.....ooops.  I have changed it now so the photos and the videos say May but it is definitely March ;-)


So my didn't have items were the lovely dies Tim used in March and that cute tinsel.  I put on my thinking cap and decided that Tim's cute bunny reminded me of a shaker tag and that is where I began.
My solution to not having the paper Tim used to cover his tag was to try out a paint transfer technique with some gorgeous images from the Graphics Fairy and I decided to see if it could be done using the New Distress Paints and I am happy to say it did!  I only have 4 Distress Paint colours so far but each time I use them I am impressed by their versatility so I am definitely going to add to my collection.


Tim showed us how to use the paints to colour metal embellishments and I was really happy with that effect too.  I didn't have any yellow so I used my Distress Stickles and I like the extra texture they bought to the finished flower embellishments.


If you want to know how I made this tag then please watch my video as once again I start at Tim's inspiration and end up with my interpretation.........I think I like that phrase!!!


Ha ha.....I didn't realise that You Tube had selected this frame as the thumbnail of my video!  Coffee and crafting.....all that is missing is the cake and cookies!

I think I might just go and put the kettle on!  Thank you for popping by X

PS Don't forget to check out my giveaway for anyone that is kind enough to follow me already or who wants to join me on my crafting adventures.  Just a small token of my huge appreciation of your support.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Helen
    I love your two pretty tags and I love that you have made them your way taken from Tim's way and your videos are great
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ria. Are you playing along? Hugs Helen x

      Delete
  2. Both these tags are very pretty, but I love the June one. It's the colours that grab me I think. I liken the background and the image. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, your tags are gorgeous! I'm coming back later tonight and watch your videos. Can't wait to see how you made these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... these are so beautiful - especially the June one - absolutely lovely colours and water colouring skills. Gorgeous. Apologies if I've not returned a visit from you before - I'd been assuming "Helen" on the comments was the other Helen that I visit frequently anyway... Glad to have found my way here this time!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apologies necessary Alison. Can you believe July's tag is here already? I have Januaries still to do too! Did you manage to get a ticket to Tim's workshop? I'm so excited. My dialling finger still has RSI!!!! Have a great week.

      Helen x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...