Which is a little strange I know. I started off following Tim's Tutorial (follow the link for a master class). I did cover my tag entirely with the foil sheet and I decided to use grunge paper for my base tag as I thought that when it came time to emboss it would give a little when I pressed into it - it was perfect in fact.
Next I added random strips of metal foil and decided to add a few circle punch shapes - the foil punched easily. I even used the holes!
Next for the fun part of embossing an industrial pattern. You can get special tools for this but I used my bone folder, ball tool and the ball point pen that Tim showed us how to use to make faux rivets - Cool.
I loved the embossing and as you can see I went to town! I had no black alcohol ink so I tried a bit of black acrylic paint first and but it was no good as it rubbed off entirely when I sanded it and then I spotted a permanent marker in my tool box and it worked a treat.
As I had no wire wool I used a piece of sand paper to remove some of the pen and to reveal all the embossing. I was a little worried that I would be squishing all my work flat but nope - Love it!
Now to embellish! I love using printed paper so that was a must element for me and then it all went girly from there. I made these flowers with bits of old earring that my friend Jo bought back from Singapore especially to use on craft projects. Thanks Jo! Then some small flowers cut using Tattered Florals and all held together with a silver brad and a washer. When I used my ink blending tool to add some Black Soot Distress Ink to my flower petals they curled up a treat - Happy accident :-)
This is the point where I forget to take photos as I really get stuck into sorting through lovely stash and trying this and that until I get the look I want.....I know you all know what I mean! The point when your work space shrinks to....well in this case, the size of a tag!
Almost there I think. More flowers added this time with just paper and an enamelled number nestled in. Some metal flower brads I have had forever and a clock hand which I coloured with a permanent marker threaded through a round word charm.
And here is the aftermath. Is it that time again.......Oh well I will finish this post first and then get on with it as I need to make room to make my Circus Themed tag for Tag Tuesday.
Extra goodies I added from my stash were Prima Bling I have had for ages - bought in America and lovingly stored for a couple of years!! A pearl drop and chain tassel from Tim's Ideaology that I dangled from some black cord.
I added a couple of word stickers that I glossy accented to make them look like epoxy ones and some aurora borealis gems to the centre of the flower brads. And that's it job done and mess made!