It was a bit of a struggle for me to get a nice resist using Tim's technique and I have had quite a few goes trying to get my paint to stay wet long enough to stick embossing powder to it. Then when I did manage to get a resist pattern I liked, my card stock was doing very strange things with the distress ink! Here are two I discarded although I think I might still use the harlequin one as I quite like it now it is dry!! The card I used for the sample on the left was just soaking up the ink like a sponge so that wasn't good. The one on the right was better but it was when I used a coated card stock that I had more success.
|I think I will keep the one on the right.|
The distress inks I used on my background were Evergreen Bough and Shabby Shutters with a little Broken China and Peeled Paint swirled in. I used sequin waste as my stamp to create the resist.
I enjoyed making this card so I think I will try and make more in this style. I definitely need more practice at Tim's resist technique!
Happy Grungy Monday. Pop along to Studio L3 and try a Grungy Monday challenge yourself. I'm looking forward to seeing what next week brings!