Sunday 11 March 2012

Grungy Monday 38

Here is my Grungy Monday 38 submission.  I thought I might not get this finished on time but I have been to my local Crop today and I managed to get it done in between chatting with friends and munching biscuits with my coffee and a little bit of scrapbooking too!

It was a bit of a struggle for me to get a nice resist using Tim's technique and I have had quite a few goes trying to get my paint to stay wet long enough to stick embossing powder to it.   Then when I did manage to get a resist pattern I liked, my card stock was doing very strange things with the distress ink!  Here are two I discarded although I think I might still use the harlequin one as I  quite like it now it is dry!!  The  card I used for the sample on the left was just soaking up the ink like a sponge so that wasn't good.  The one on the right was better but it was when I used a coated card stock that I had more success.

I think I will keep the one on the right.  

Once I had a background prepared I knew that I wanted to make a card Art Journal style so this my finished submission for this weeks challenge using Tim's featured technique.


There is something very satisfying about doodling around the images you have collaged onto your page.  I printed the flower images on my computer and tried to pick flowers that matched my inky background.



The distress inks I used on my background were Evergreen Bough and Shabby Shutters with a little Broken China and Peeled Paint swirled in.  I used sequin waste as my stamp to create the resist.



I enjoyed making this card so I think I will try and make more in this style.  I definitely need more practice at Tim's resist technique!

Happy Grungy Monday.  Pop along to Studio L3 and try a Grungy Monday challenge yourself.  I'm looking forward to seeing what next week brings!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty scene! I love your background colours and textures! I love your little house even better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...