Sunday 4 May 2014

National Scrapbook Day!

Did you know?  I got to know via Facebook and have had a lovely evening scrapbooking along with Big Picture Classes.  They are trying to get 10000 layout pictures on Instagram and are getting everyone to post photos of their layouts as they finish them.

I have done three tonight which is pretty good for me as I usually would only manage one!  I thought I would share this one before I hop into bed.


First I gutted a 12" x 12" page leaving a 1" border.


Next I trimmed the sun sheet to 11 3/4" and adhered it to the grey frame.


Next I cut a 2" strip of the striped paper and edged it with strips of grey and then attached a strip of washi tape that I thought coordinated with my papers.


I attached the strip down the right hand edge of the layout - straighter than in the photo!! ;-)


Next I popped out a couple of tickets and a journalling tag from the die cut sheet.  I found a fabric brad to match my colour scheme.  I mounted my two 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" photos on orange then grey card stock.  I cut a 1 " strip of the hexagon paper and edged it with an orange die cut boarder strip.


I made the strip into a rosette using the fabric brad as a centre.  I attached a tab to the Journaling tag and joined the two tickets together with a gem brad.  I added journalling and cut out my title using Zooballoo lettering at 1" for the word Breakfast and 1 1/4" for the word BBQ.


And here is my finished layout with everything attached.  I created a pocket for my journalling tickets and tag by leaving the top of the photo mat open.  I did add a line of glue so the tags don't slide down too far behind the photos. A touch of bling around the sun and a couple of photo tabs and that was layout 3 complete.

The papers I used were My Mind's Eye Oh La La which I have had for ages!  You could use this layout as a sketch and substitute your coordinating papers and photos.  Hope you are having a fab National Scrapbooking Day.  I am off to bed….Thank you for Popping By x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...