Wednesday 14 May 2014

Stamping on to old book pages - Simply Gorjuss!

Good morning from a sunny Derbyshire!  The weather person has promised that the weather will warm up this week and we may have a nice weekend!  I am not convinced as even on the sunny days we have had the wind has been decidedly chilly.  I always remember the old saying 'Cast not a clout, 'till May is out'.  So I am keeping my vest and cozy socks firmly in place for now at least ;-)

This week I am going to finish off a bunch of video tutorials that I have had in the pipeline waiting to be edited and to that end here are the first two!


This tutorial is all about stamping images on to old book pages.  I hope you agree it is a fun look and it does go well with the Gorjuss stamp set I have used.


This stamp set is from Santoro and the Urban Rubber Stamps range at Docrafts.  It is called new heights.  I love these Gorjuss figures as they can be cute or a little darker if cute is not your style.  I think I am in between with this card….what do you think?

So without further ado here is the tutorial if you want to see how I made the card:


…….and as usual here are the measurements listed for your convenience!

Cutting Guide:

Card Base (Teal)  - 11 1/2" x 8" scored and folded at 5 3/4"
Book Page for front and inside of card (Cut 2) - 4 3/4" x 7"
Cream Card for inner - 3 3/4" x 6"
Patterned Frame (My print is from the Graphic 45 French Country Collection) -
Cut 2 1/2" x 5" strips and cut 2 1/2" x 7 1/2" strips and trim to fit.
You will also need scraps of the patterned paper, cream paper and teal card plus a small strip of coordinating ribbon.

I love the look of stamping and colouring images on old book pages.  You do need to be selective in your choice of books - don't destroy precious old books when you can easily find damaged ones that will have plenty of useful pages still in them.

……and for my second short but sweet video.  You may remember I told you I had a huge technical hitch with a video I made of a mixed media canvas I shared a couple of posts ago.  I wanted to share the canvas on my You Tube channel too so I made a short video tour of what I did to make my Spring is in the Air mixed media canvas.  It took me forever to make and I was rather upset to loose all the footage but what can you do????!  I am over it now ;-)


So I am off to upload two more videos I finalised yesterday so watch out for more card tutorials coming your way soon.

Hope you are having a fab week filled with inspiration.  Thank you for popping by x

Oh almost forgot……I am almost at 1000 subscribers on my You Tube Channel and I would really love to get to that magic number on my birthday which is on the 23rd of May so if you don't already subscribe I would love to have you join me - Thank you x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...