Saturday 3 May 2014

Dandelion Wishes

Hi there, hope you are enjoying a weekend of crafting and happy times.  I am posting my challenge piece for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge where Anna-Karin challenged us to be inspired by Yellow! I am a fan of warm golden yellows and it was fun coming up with a project inspired by this theme.  I was looking through my stash and came across some Wendy Vecchi Wildflower Art Parts and I knew I wanted to celebrate the humble and much maligned Dandelion!

I have made a video of my creative process and I hope it will inspire you to create a home decor piece of your own.  Check out all your chipboard, die cuts and art parts and see what you can come up with.  It is a fun way to spend an afternoon ;-)


Here is my finished piece.  I think this is a happy piece and I think the use of the sunny yellow is what makes it so.  As a child I remember we teased anyone that touch a dandelion that they would surely wet the bed!  I have no idea why - I think I may look it up…….And I am glad I did!  Apparently there is some truth in our childhood games.  There is something in the leaf of a Dandelion that stimulates the bladder.  For more information and a really fun read follow this link to find out more about this interesting weed!

My hubby spends time in the garden digging out Dandelions so they don't invade the lawn!  I am pleased to say he doesn't eat them ;-)

I personally like the Dandelion for the Dandelion and Burdock drink that we have here in the UK and for Dandelion clocks!  I think crafters love them as there are plenty of stamps out there celebrating delicacy and the beauty of the fluffy seed heads.

I have encapsulated some to the seed parachutes in a little glass bottle to finish off my project.  It was an idea I had seen on Pinterest originally and I am so pleased that I have managed to use it on this project.


I did get to thinking…….what if one of these wishes is the one that grants me a Lottery Win?!……..hmmmm……..better keep them somewhere safe!

So that is my challenge piece and one pretty home decor piece that has a fun story.  I hope you like it and that you watch the video to see how I created it.


Don't forget to pop along to Simon Says Stamp to check out all the other lovely projects inspired by the colour Yellow.

Have a fabulous weekend and thank you for popping by.

PS Don't forget to subscribe if you like my art and want to see more X

2 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely hanging Helen. I really like dandelions in art and enjoy blowing the clocks with my wee one. I like how you have captured some in that cute bottle and I really like the background colours :-)
    I hope to watch the video very soon. Enjoy the rest of your weekend *hugs* Mo xx :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Love the pretty flowers and the background and design. My favorite is the dandelion seeds in the jar what a brilliant and lovely touch! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Mellow Yellow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...