Tuesday 11 March 2014

Scrapbooking 'Project Life' Style!

Good Morning!  I hope you have all had a lovely weekend with time to craft of course!!  I am sharing another video tutorial today.

I love to make what I call Feature Scrapbook layouts.  You know the ones that take ages and normally only have one photograph on so you have lots of scope to get busy embellishing and layering up pretty papers.  When I made this layout I wanted to balance a photograph with two gorgeous papers from Graphic 45.



It was all about creating balance.  The Magic of Oz Poppy Field paper was a perfect choice as our photos were taken by the poppies on the river bank and the Olde Curiosity Shoppe Mercurial Masterpiece had the perfect frame.  Both of these papers were very busy and therefore I decided to go with one feature photograph - Comet has definitely joined in as you can see, I am sure he is smiling!!!  ;-)  I did create room for one other photo and some journalling which if you lift the main photo up is hidden underneath (you will see what I mean on the video).  This layout was great fun to create with all the layering, stitching and fussy cutting but what about the other photos we took on the day?  I wanted to share an ideas video with you for those times when you face the same dilemma.


I used up my scraps from the original layout and made this page in the 'Project Life' style which is so popular with busy scrapbookers at the moment and now I have the best of both worlds in my scrapbook!  Room for more photos and more journalling (eventually!)  It was great fun creating all the little journalling cards and was definitely quicker to put together than the main layout.

If you want to learn more then please check out my video ideas tutorial below.  I really hope you find it useful.  I will definitely be making more companion layouts in the future.  Just looking at this photo the journalling card bottom right would make a nice design for a card don't you think?!


Wishing you all a fun week.  I will be sharing something exciting shortly.  I am on the final stages and it is all a bit manic but I am having a ball!

See you soon and Thank you for popping by X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...