Friday 20 December 2013

Stockings are hung by the fire with care...........

I love to see a festive fireplace even if it does have our TV sitting on the mantlepiece until we get our screen mounted on the wall!!!!  One day………..

Here is what it looks like most of the year.  Yes.....I do still have my halloween potion bottles on display!!!!  They have been wrapped and put away now I promise!!!!


So with a wave of my decorating wand and some greenery out of the garden we are ready for Santa's visit!


Hmmmmm better not leave the candle in the middle lit …….poor Santa ;-)

Check out the stockings hung with care....actually they are felt and magically stick to the brickwork!  I made these from kits.  They took me a while as I am not a natural needle woman but I got there in the end and love unwrapping them to display them as much as my children have loved checking out their contents on Christmas morning.

I always leave my fireplace until the end of my decorating so that the greenery lasts.  It is crispy by the time I clear it all away and boy does the holly get prickly....note to self.....get your gardening gloves on this year!!!!

Hope your preparations are going well Ho Ho Ho!

Thank you for popping by X

2 comments:

  1. That is a VERY pretty hearth!! Santa may come in and not leave! Haha.
    Our preparations are moving along at a more leisurely pace now my frantic card making has ceased. I have decided that I am going to make the occassional card throughout the year so that I am not so overwhelmed next year (she says). Well that'smy current plan.
    Have a fabulous weekend Helen. And if I don't nip in again before hand, have a wonderful Christmas time and a happy healthy 2014. Mo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful transformation! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...