Tuesday 7 June 2016

12 Journals of 2016 - May

Hi Everyone

I am catching up with my 12 Journals of 2016 this month and probably next!  I am a bit behind again - I don't know where my time disappears to sometimes.  Keeping this post short as I am off to edit June's Page which is all filmed!

I am playing along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016 only I am making journal pages instead.  The principal is the same I will take his inspiration and give it my own interpretation and will film the journey for you.


I love how this one turned out…..in the end!  This was one of those pages that took a while to find its direction as you will see in the video.  But when it got there I liked the story it told and I know fellow Art Journalers will appreciate the use of Gesso and a black pen which so often come to my rescue!!!!


As usual I am creating a tag for each month but I am out of ink at the moment so I haven't been able to add my journalling and photo just yet - I will bring that to you in another video once my printer is up and running again!

If you are wondering about those gorgeous stamped images I have use Antique Botanicals by Rubber Dance.  I particularly love this flower and have used it over and over.  Click on the link if you want to see more of this lovely collection of stamps.

Without further ado here is the tutorial which takes you from Tim's inspiration to my interpretation.


Thank you for popping by x

2 comments:

  1. It's such a great idea to make journal pages instead of tags, that way you will indeed end up with a journal with many stunning pages at the end of the year. Love this one! Not only because you've used my stamps, although that's a big plus in MY book! LOL! Thank you so much, Helen. I'm off to watch the video now. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Art Journal page, Helen! As you I love those flower stamps! They are so elegant. I've used them in several prosject. Good idea to make journal pages instead of tags. Now I have to watch the video ☺
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...