Wednesday 15 May 2013

Trash to Treasure and 12 Tags of 2013 - April!

Me again - two posts in one day!!!  I uploaded another video in my series of 12 Tags of 2013 and I have caught up with my April Tag.  I did have to wait to do this one as it was the perfect excuse to try out some of the new Distress Paint!!!!  Any excuse to shop right?!  So following Tim Holtz technique tutorial for my background and using his fab Dragon fly tag as my inspiration this is where I ended up.....


You can see the foiling I was telling you about earlier popped up again on this tag!  I really liked the Distress Paints.  I do use acrylic paint and I really liked the versatility of this product.  Easy to apply direct from the bottle, great coverage but doesn't overload the paper and dries with a smooth finish which is great for stamping over.  Needless to say I will be adding to the 4 bottles I purchased to try out this faux patina technique. Ha ha!

Here is the link to the video I made of how I got from A - Tim's Inspiration April Tag to B - my finished April Tag.



It's looking a bit messy on my desk there but this shot is nothing compared to the state of my desk when I had finished playing with my new Distress Paints!!  Steel yourself.......


See how I push everything out to the sides so I can keep my video frame looking all neat and tidy ish!!!!

The reason I am posting this as a Trash to Treasure Post as well as 12 Tags of 2013 is because I did actually use my plastic wrap to make the little bubbles to capture my bugs under.


I know it is a bit naughty to keep bugs in a jar but this is ok right?!!!  I am a bit late doing this but I promised to send a card to someone that commented on my Last Trash to Treasure Post and the winner is.........The lovely Mo!  I hope you read this Mo.  I will get that card off to you soon with a little surprise for you too.  Better Late than Never ;-)

I am off to finish off one of the tutorials for my Etsy shop.  I have two projects almost done and I keep way laying myself.....Focus Helen.....Focus!

Thank you for popping by X

9 comments:

  1. Very cool tag! I love that you show your process! I love the use of the plastic packaging to make the little shaker elements on your tag! Such cute bees! I am loving those paints! Your ribbon turned out great too. I had doing April's tag, I just realized I have to get going on May soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winnie - Look forward to seeing your tag. I can't believe it is only a couple of days until we see what fun June has in store! x

      Delete
  2. OMGoodness!! I am just so lucky; lucky lucky lucky!
    Bizarre (and grrr), that I only seem to be getting alternate post notices for you these days. But I'm here now. Must get over to youtube this evening to check your newest vids and get them added to my library. ttfn - have a lovely evening :0) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get your surprise in the post early next week Mo. Hope you like it x

      Delete
  3. WOW!!! This tag is exceptional!!! It's just GORGEOUS!!! I love the capsules, but the color and background have me drooling! Just FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anita I am having great fun trying out Mr Holtz techniques. I am definitely buying more paints when the purse will allow!!! I have two tags left to catch up now - I can't believe June is just around the corner already. Hugs Helen

      Delete
  4. this is so amazing - absolutely inspired. Love your work and am enjoying exploring your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks May. I am working on editing a video at the moment so it is fab to read that you are enjoying what I am getting up to!!! I am looking forward to making June's tag and I still have two more to catch up on as I started a bit late this year. If only we could make crafting time longer than usual time ;-) Thanks for dropping by x

      Delete
    2. Slowly the penny drops!!!! Now I am nervous so if your screen starts shaking a bit you know why ;-) Keeping my fingers crossed x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...