Tuesday 16 February 2016

12 Journals of 2016

Hi Everyone

Many of you have been asking where are the 12 Tag of 2015 that I missed last year.  I am afraid they are still missing in action but it is my intention to catch up with them and to share them with you.

This year I decided to play along a little differently with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016.  Tim has decided to revisit and revitalise techniques from tags past!  I am going to take his inspiration and turn them into journal pages (I have soooooo many tags!)

So each month I will add another page to my journal and at the end of the year I will show you how to bind them all into a gorgeous journal to celebrate a year of creativity.

Here is my first page (a little late!)  Tim's tag was all about a chalkboard technique with some metal foil embossing.  Here is what his tag inspired:


Each page will have a companion tag and on one side is a photo of the original inspiration:


You can see I have styled the tag to match the journal page and the other side of the tag will have a photo that was either taken in the month of the page or is a memory photo for that particular month.


This month my eldest son, Damian, came home to visit us from Spain and I took the opportunity to take a few photos!  Gotta be done ;-)  So the page photo that the sketch was based on was taken 12 year ago and this tag photo was taken in January.  My how they have grown.  Callum was 17 on Friday…….Makes me feel old!!!

I hope you enjoy following my 12 Journals of 2016 and here is the video of how I got from Tim's inspiration to my interpretation.


Cutting Guide

Page Size - 10 1/4" x 7" scored at 5" and 5 1/4"
Tag Size - 6" x 5 1/4"

As you will see I had a ton of creative fun and that is what Tim's challenge is all about.  Follow this link to see what everyone else got up to.  I was too late to add my link but I will be on time for February!!  I should have that page up in a couple of days.

I'm off to dish up the tea now!  Hope you enjoy following this journey and thank you for popping by X

PS  Don't forget to subscribe to keep in touch with my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Thank you for sharing this video with great techniques. I love your finished page and tag/journaling idea. I am inspired to try it myself!! Now on to February video!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...